This online guide provides information about the history of Bray Hall and SUNY ESF Dean William Bray.
*From 1917 until 1933 Bray Hall was called "The Forestry Building".
*In 1933 when ESF's second building was dedicated as Marshall Hall after Louis Marshall - the college decided to rename The Forestry Building in honor of the first head of the college - acting Dean William Bray.
*On May 26, 1913 the Syracuse Post Standard reported on the ground breaking of The Forestry Building and forecasted that the building would be completed in the Fall of 1914.
*From the book - The New York State College of Forestry at Syracuse University: a History of its First Twenty-Five Years, 1911-1936 - "Bray Hall was dedicated in September 1916 and occupied in March 1917".
SUNY ESF Student Body in 1931 in front of Bray Hall
from the SUNY ESF Archives and Special Collections.