What can you find in SciFinder?
* More than 28 million single- and multi-step reactions, and more than 16 million synthetic preparations
* More than 2 billion predicted and experimental properties
* The CAS REGISTRYSM database - the original source and final authority for CAS Registry Numbers - updated daily
* All patent records, meeting CAS selection criteria, from 9 of the major patent offices are available online within 2 days of the patents' issuance
* Sequences combined from CAS and GenBank databases, which are indexed and linked to scientific journal and patent literature
SciFinder is a research discovery tool that provides access to research from many scientific disciplines, including biomedical sciences, chemistry, engineering, materials science, agricultural science, and more! Find out more by watching this e-brochure: http://www.cas.org/sfbrochure/scifinder_brochure_01.html.
Click on the tabs above or click on the table of contents below to learn more about how to use SciFinder:
News and Updates
October 2013: New stucture editor that does not require a JAVA plug-in for web browsers. Other enhancements include analyzing reactions by reagents, quick view feature for substance details, increased availability of tutorials, and others. See what else is new here: https://www.cas.org/products/scifinder/whats-new-in-scifinder.
June 2013: SciFinder has an updated interface and some new features.
August, 5, 2012: A new CAS website was launched and many URLs changed. All links on this guide are updated; please update your links and bookmarks.
April 1, 2012: SUNY ESF now has unlimited seats in SciFinder and access to the substructure module of SciFinder.
June 30, 2011: The desktop cliet formerly provided for SciFinder was terminated and the log-in for the desktop client is no longer valid. You must register for a web client ID if you have not done so.