Topic: Backboard: Finish Strong & Get Ready
Date & Time: Monday, April 27, 2015; 12:45-1:30 pm
Location: 310 Baker
Presenter: Jane Verostek & Ruth Owens
Join Librarians Jane and Ruth to learn some tips on finishing up your Spring courses in Blackboard and getting started for the Summer and Fall. Topics covered will include adding content, making content available, how to make your course available, basic gradebook, and tips from experienced Blackboard users. This workshop is intended for new and existing Blackboard users. Faculty and graduate students are invited to attend.
1. When you see this image, what does it mean?
2. Ruth Yanai wants you to read her recent article on “Evaluating the efficiency of environmental monitoring programs” published in Ecological Indicators.
What would be your first step from the library’s homepage to find out if you can get the full text to this journal from the library?
There are several options (and therefore several correct answers). Some of the best are:
3. What can you do if you can’t find the book/article/thing you are looking for?
Best Answer: D) Ask a librarian and/or submit an Interlibrary Loan request
Other correct answers:
4. When searching, what's another word or phrase that you can use to find information about solar power?
Possible answers include: photovoltaics, solar panels, renewable energy…
5. What other items besides books can you check out / borrow from Moon Library?
E) All of the Above (aka: Maps, Calculators, USB Drives, Movies)
6. What is the correct APA citation for this article? (see below for article)
Hirsch, R. M. (1982). A comparison of four streamflow record extension techniques. Water Resources Research, 18(4), 1081–1088.
7. What is the title of the ESF thesis written by Weston Berg? (Hint: You may have to leave this room or visit our virtual library).
Local newspapers, drinking water pathways, and dimensions of knowledge: public awareness amid the hydrofracking debate
8. What journal was this article published in? (see below for article)
Environmental Monitoring and Assessment
Photo Credits: Our very own College Bookstore!